Jake received his very first, official homework assignment in February. Since his school was celebrating their 100th anniversary, the assignment was to compile a collection of 100 somethings and display them.
After much discussion, Jake decided to do 100 paper race cars. We figured this would be easier to carry and better to display than 100 actual matchbox cars. After googling images on the web, we picked 3 different images of race cars -- a set of 3, set of 2, and a single car. We printed them and then cut them out, leaving them in their original groupings of 3, 2, and 1.
Then we took the posterboard and divided it into 10 'lanes.' Jake had to figure out how to get exactly 10 cars into each lane, then we glued them on and colored the cars in the groupings of 3 and 1.