Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Jake's 6th Birthday!

The night before Jake's birthday (when I had been laboring with him 6 years prior) I labored to collect and organize ALL his Legos into his new Lego organizer system. And yes, this system was just as much a present for me as it is for him. My friend Nadine made the t-shirt with the number 6 on it. And then there was the Lego Ninjago Fire Temple set with almost 1200 pieces!
 Jake walking into the room the next morning to see his birthday presents.
 Yay!
 He kissed the box. Lol!
 Checking out his new storage system.
 Each box has a different minifig head on it, with a different facial expression.
Jake spent most of the day working on the dragon that came with the Fire Temple. He managed to finish it and it was very, very cool.
Later that afternoon, it was time for his birthday party! In a departure from all previous parties, we hosted it outside our home, at Playdate PDX. This mama was grateful to make it easy this year. I loved how our party room had a cool dragon painted on the wall!
 The only picture I took of inside the playstructure. It was a very, very cool place to play. I even donned some socks and went inside myself and played for a bit. Very fun!
 Papa and Gramma were there.
 Getting ready to eat pizza!



 Opening presents.
 It was fun chaos!

 I'm on my phone, trying to type in who gave what present as fast as he was opening them.




 Top row, L to R: Ari, Luna, Diego, Jake, Finley, Skylar. Bottom row: Luke, Thalen, Luna, Douglas, and Isaac.

 And the littles -- Ryan and Kathryn.
 Yum... cupcake.
 Jake spent the whole time we were singing "Happy Birthday" joking around with Isaac. His cupcake had a number 6 candle, which is what he wanted. I made vanilla cupcakes with vanilla icing that had diced Oregon strawberries mixed in. Really yummy.


After the cupcakes, they went back and played more. Then as they were leaving, I gave out the party favors -- little surprise packets of Lego minifigs. They didn't know what minifig was inside until they opened the package.

Jake had a fabulous time, and went home with a big smile on his face.

No comments: