Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine morning. Jake worked on the last of his Valentines while I made heart-shaped eggs for breakfast. 
 That afternoon we opened up cards and presents.

Mike and I had an actual date on Valentine's Day, the first in years. A mama friend and her daughter came to babysit the boys (and they LOVED them and even had a successful bedtime!!). Mike and I started our evening at SouthPark restaurant downtown.
The food was DIVINE, especially after we'd spent nearly 2 weeks eating mostly bland food while recovering from the horrible GI bug that was the norovirus. I had an organic green salad with candied walnuts and manchego cheese.
My salad and Mike's French onion soup.
 King salmon for Mike
Butternut squash ravioli for me. 
We had to skip dessert as we ran out of time before we needed to head to Portland Center Stage to see a play, 'Venus in Fur.' The play was amazing (and we were so lucky that one of the two interpreters happened to be a friend of ours, and thus the experience was even better).

Came home to sleeping boys and took a picture to show us as a happy couple from a great night out.

No comments: