Sunday, September 25, 2011

Routine




So it looks like we've had no adventures this month. Really, we've been having the "adventure" of finding and settling into a new routine that comes with a new school year at a new school.

School evenings now involve starting dinner between 4:30 and 5, eating dinner by 6:15, bathtime, reading a book and bedtime for both boys between 7 and 7:30 each night. Jake and I recently finished Charlotte's Web and are now reading Pippi Longstocking. Daddy and Jake are reading James and the Giant Peach.

Then all 4 of us wake up/get out of bed around 6:30am, dress, feed Jake breakfast, make his lunch, brush his teeth/comb his hair, and head out the door to school by 7:35am. Sometimes I get breakfast if I've been fast enough with dressing, etc. but most of the time I wait until I return home. If we're lucky, we don't get stuck behind a school bus on the way to school. The school bell rings at 8am, and it's amazing that it takes 25 minutes to drive to school (with traffic), find a parking spot, walk to the school and then enter the classroom. After drop-off, Ryan and I return to the car for some milk before heading home if we don't go to Gramma's house for a cup of tea.

Our days are also filled with Mike and me working, me running at least twice a week, Jake going to gymnastics class once a week, and playdates. Every weekend there have been birthday parties. Ryan has been great about just going with the flow on all of this!


No comments: