Sunday, June 14, 2009

BBR - prelude

Hello!! Been awhile since I posted but wanted to let everyone know that the Vees are all fine.

Well... Mike got laid off from his job almost exactly one year after he started it. Bummer. The economic downturn hit us. We are taking it in stride, had anticipated this might happen, and we're very glad for my job and for the little things we've done to prepare for this. Hopefully a new job will turn up soon or the union will call him back for a job.

The silver lining, right now, is that we've come to Black Butte Ranch for an extended vacation, 8 days of central Oregon relaxation! I truly cannot remember the last time I got to come to BBR for more than 3-4 nights -- I used to do that a lot more when I was younger. Being here is great, I am able to do my work in the little office and we have plenty of other things to do with the pool, playgrounds, and hiking. Jake is totally happy, Mike and I are relaxed, and the little baby within gets more active daily.

I've been taking some great photos, but alas, you will have to wait until our return to Portland. The Mac computer here refuses to load photos from the camera, and I don't use my work computer for such things. But once we get back, you'll have a nice update.

Until then, Happy June!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm terribly sorry to hear about the job loss, but I am glad you've found the silver lining! I hope you all enjoy the time away. Do you still pig out on black beans at BBR like I remember 15 years ago? "/