Monday, July 27, 2009

Hot

It is hot here in Portland, and we are only at the beginning of a week-long ordeal, and in the first of three days of really high temps. The window AC unit that has been living in our garage for all 3 years we've been in this house finally made its debut today.

Jake and I went grocery shopping and dang if that wasn't the most pleasant grocery shopping experience ever. It was nice and cool inside the store and there was hardly anyone else there! Jake and I totally took our time and he helped me pick out fruits and vegetables and helped unload the cart.

And some random pictures for you...

A shot I took for my photography class. I was walking an iced mocha home to Mike. I took a whole series of photos of the coffee shop for an assignment to photograph a "place."
Apparently pregnant women are not the only ones who like body pillows!
Cutie Pie.
(Yes. The same cutie pie who took a blue sharpie and drew on the bamboo floor. About 15 minutes of really hard scrubbing pretty much took it off, but it was not easy. Sharpies now live in high places.)
We're surviving the heat. Thank goodness for the AC unit, a fan, popsicles, and cold dinners cooked during the cool morning hours.

No comments: