Friday, October 9, 2009

Roar!

Jake and I went to the zoo late this afternoon. It was a beautiful fall day and I was so excited to see the new exhibit, Predators of the Serengeti. Unfortunately for you, I didn't bring my camera because handling, in the afternoon, a 3-year old who is transitioning out of afternoon naps plus a camera, by myself, was just too much.

So you'll just have to trust me when I say that it was all pretty awesome. Well, except the part about Jake getting bopped on the head by some other little boy (and I was SO proud when I saw Jake about to hit the boy back, but then he decided not to, and just walked away) and when Jake was run into not once, but twice on the grassy area, through no fault of his own. There were some tears that were then made better by saying hi to the baby elephant and the starfish.

The better parts were seeing the bats (I love the bats) and actually seeing a mother/baby bat pair up close, and the lions! One of the female lions was hanging out just a few feet from the viewing glass. She was beautiful. The cheetahs were amazing, and the African wild dogs were comical. The best part was that we were there at a good time of the day and all these animals were active and moving around.

On the way home Jake and I named all the animals that we got to see. He clearly loved it. (And it was a good trick that I used to keep him from falling asleep on the ride home!)

No comments: