Thursday, August 16, 2007

Walking, humor, cat

Jake does a lot of this now...
Loves walking around with assistance. So cute.

Ha ha ha! For your reading pleasure, I got this in an email from my mom:

HAVING MOM OVER FOR DINNER You don't even have to be a mother to enjoy this one... Brian invited his mother over for dinner. During the course of the meal, Brian's mother couldn't help but keep noticing how beautiful Brian's roommate, Stephanie, was. Brian's Mom had long been suspicious of a relationship between Brian and Stephanie, and this had only made her more curious. Over the course of the evening, while watching the two react, wondered if there was more between Brian and Stephanie than met the eye. Reading his mom's thoughts, Brian volunteered, "I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you Stephanie and I are just roommates."

About a week later, Stephanie came to Brian saying, "Ever since your mother came to dinner, I've been unable to find the beautiful silver gravy ladle. You don't suppose she took it, do you?" Brian said, "Well, I doubt it, but I'll send her an e-mail just to be sure." So he sat down and wrote:

Dear Mom: I'm not saying that you "did" take the gravy ladle from the house, I'm not saying that you "did not" take the gravy ladle. But the fact remains that one has been missing ever since you were here for dinner. Love, Brian

Several days later, Brian received an email back from his mother that read: Dear Son: I'm not saying that you "do" sleep with Stephanie, I'm not saying that you "do not" sleep with Stephanie. But the fact remains that if Stephanie was sleeping in her own bed, she would have found the gravy ladle by now. Love, Mom
LESSON OF THE DAY ... NEVER LIE TO YOUR MOTHER
(Jake, just remember this as you're reading this years from now. xox Your Mom)

The other day it was hot, around 90... Theo decided that the just-cleaned bathroom sink was the coolest and most comfortable place to be...
Silly cat.
Yeah, you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute story. :) Mom's know everything, don't kids know that yet?

Hedy said...

Heee! I love your pix! Too cute! Have you seen this website? http://www.catsinsinks.com/

Some of those pix are hilarious!

-Hedy

kristin said...

Lee, I Love your blog! such cute pics and stories!