Monday, January 21, 2008

I've been Tagged!

The Rules: Link to the person who tagged you. Post the rules on your blog. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. Leave a comment on their blog so that their readers can visit yours.


I got tagged by a MDC mama, Dani at her blog, ellie's madre.


So here are 7 random/weird facts about me...


1. When I was a little girl I LOVED carrots. They were my favorite food. I ate so many carrots, so often, that my nose actually turned a shade orange.


2. I collect tiny ceramic/glass /plastic ladybugs. They are love bugs. Like these.



3. My favorite type of art medium is glass and my favorite artist is Dale Chihuly. If I had millions of dollars, I could buy one of his works!!


4. When I was in my early teens I went to horse camp 4 summers in a row, for 2 weeks at a time. I learned to brush and saddle the horses, and to clean their hooves. I loved riding horses, and riding bareback was my favorite. Sadly, I have not been on a horse in years.


5. In college I was a nude model for an art class twice. It was such an interesting experience. However, I only felt comfortable doing it if my toenails were painted.


6. My parents gave me the unisex name "Lee" during the 70's when I was born. When I was in 8th grade I received a letter from the all-boys high school (Jesuit) asking me if I was interested in applying to the school. I ended up going to the all-girls high school (St. Mary's Academy) and Jesuit went co-ed my junior year!


7. Because of my cochlear implant, I cannot have an MRI. (I hope never need one.) I have an older type of cochlear implant, the Nucleus 22 (which I got in 1993!). In order to have an MRI, my entire implant would need to be surgically removed prior to the MRI. Otherwise the magnet in my head would want to exit my head and attach itself to the MRI machine. Not a pretty thought. Mike has it better -- his newer Nucleus 24 has a removable magnet, so just the magnet would be able to be removed and re-inserted before and after an MRI, and he'd be able to hear the same afterwards. I'd have to get the whole thing re-done. I'm sure I'll need an upgrade of my internal processor at some point, and I'll get one that is MRI-friendly.

1 comment:

Karen Compton said...

I was a nude art class model, too :-D Funny about how you had to have your toes painted!

I did not realize cochlear implants had magnets in them. I hope you don't ever need an MRI.