Monday, November 17, 2008

Call Me Mike

You know how they say it only takes a second to develop a habit but a long time to break it?

When we get together for family functions, one of us is often saying "Mike... Mike!" to get his attention. It can sometimes take several tries, through no fault of his own. And in our house? Mike often has his cochlear implant on, so I can call to him "Mike!" to get his attention. However, he has no such luck with me so "Lee!" is almost never heard.

The consequence of all this? Jake seems to think "Mike!" is code for "hey you!". So when he wants Mama's attention? "Mike!" Gramma? "Mike!" Even Papa? "Mike!"

Even Mike gets a little annoyed -- "call me Daddy!!"

We have been working for quite a while to get Jake to stop calling everyone Mike, as funny as it is. This past weekend after calling to me (Mike!), Gramma, got him to call "Mama!" instead. That was good.

So if Jake yells "Mike!" at you, please don't be offended.

4 comments:

korin said...

HAHA! I love love love this. so adorable!

UrbanHippieMama said...

oh my gosh.. that is SO cute!!!

Rebekah said...

Haaaaaaahahahahah! This just made me laugh. And want to call you all Mike.

radishly said...

Great story, Mike!

:D