Thursday, July 19, 2007

Bread-Making Playdate

Today my friend Joi and her son, Greyson came over. Joi showed me how to make yeast bread. It was so much fun to do -- I used to do it all the time with my Grandma while I was growing up. I had forgotten all the steps, but I hadn't lost my "muscle memory" of how to knead the bread! The bread is delicious and both Mike and I are delighted. Thank you, Joi!

While we baked, our sons played. Greyson is 9 months old, and even though he is younger than Jake, they are the same mobility-wise. That was really nice for them -- they crawled around and pulled themselves up and stood next to each other. They played really nicely, too, with only a few attempted face-pokes and no tears.

Yummmmmmmm.
While I was kneading the bread, I gave Jake flour to play with.


Look closely at the cutie pie covered in flour!

1 comment:

rootsong said...

Yay, I'm so glad Joi came over & helped you make bread! I'm so lame I never even emailed you a good bread recipe! I'm sorry. I'm glad you got to start break baking though, have you been keeping it up?

I loved your Alaska post. How totally fun!