Friday, July 13, 2007

Nakedy-Butt, Cats, Bread

It's been hot all week so I've been taking Jake outside every afternoon for him to play in the water and the grass nakedy-butt. He loves it!

He's become very good at climbing in and out. I put water both in the wash bin and in the silver bowl, and he plays.
Trying to climb!
Checks back to see if Mama is watching...
Silly cats. On display on the shelves of the linen closet.
Today I made some quick bread from a recipe in the Joy of Cooking. It is a sweeter bread meant to be eaten as toast. It is yummy. I hope to learn to make other types of bread as well, especially the kind with yeast where you have to knead it and let it rise and punch it down, etc. I used to make that kind with my grandma all the time when I was younger, but sadly I've forgotten how. A friend has offered to teach me to make it again (I'm such a kinesthetic/visual learner -- reading about it just doesn't do it for me when it comes to cooking). I hope she will teach me soon. Mike hopes so, too. Will be wonderful to make my own bread more often, which also means less packaging to buy and throw away in the long run.

No comments: