Monday, October 1, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

Today is my birthday! I celebrated by having a whole birthday weekend. It was fabulous. SaraBeth, Jake, and I drove to Black Butte Ranch on Friday and went for a long walk. Came back and put some color in my hair (picture later in this post). Then we chilled, drank wine, made dinner, and waited for Mike and Lindsay to arrive that night.

While at BBR Jake decided that my sister's koala was his favorite toy. He kept hugging it, patting its back, kissing it, and carrying it around. It was sooooo cute. And yeah, he has owies on his face. Sigh.

About once or twice a year Mike declares that he is going to grow a beard. Then after about a week of that he remembers why he doesn't do that. He shaved on Sunday (thank goodness).
On Saturday the 5 of us went hiking on the Tam McArthur Rim trail in Central Oregon. It is one of my favorite hikes and this was probably the 3rd or 4th time I've hiked it. It's about 5.5 miles round trip with quite a bit of elevation gain that leads to beautiful views. Lucky for me SaraBeth was the photographer for this hike so I got a break from being the camera person. And she took some great shots!!

Three Creeks Lake.

Mike, Jake, me, and Lindsay.
The Vees with SaraBeth.

Mt. Washington.

Black Butte.
Stopping for a water break on the trail.
On our way up the trail to lunch Jake fell asleep.

At lunch at the top... my two boys sleeping!
View at the top.
North and Middle Sister.

Now Jake's awake!
Us with Mt. Bachelor in the background. I LOVE this picture!
The 5 of us hikers...
Then that evening the girls took me to the Aspen Lounge for drinks. Then we went back to the house and made a fabulous dinner and played Beyond Balderdash. We had such a good time!

The next morning... Jake playing with SaraBeth. Earlier that morning Jake, for the first time, signed 2 words together!! He signed "get up, Daddy!" It was soooo cute. Wow.
Taken today, October 1st. My cute boy!

In my new outfit :)
You can see the copper highlights I added to my hair. It's really fun to have a change.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Lee! Happy birthday friend, sorry to be a day late on the wishes. 2 of my other favorite people share your birthday (my grandfather and longest, dearest friend). I love your trip pictures and am amazed that Jake signed 2 words together. Just wow.

Elizabeth said...

Happy belated Birthday! Oct. 1 is Brent's b-day as well. What a happy week! :) (Btw, we have become *addicted* to your blog!)