Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hangin' Out

Not much happening around here. We are laying low so Mike can rest a lot and recover. We did walk into the village this afternoon and that was really nice. Jake has suddenly decided that he will no longer ride in the stroller and prefers to walk. Luckily it's really easy to just strap the yamo (similar to an ergo) onto my waist and put him in it if he tires of walking.

I've been doing all the tasks that Mike normally does which is kind of fun because I almost never do them. Like taking out the trash, putting the garbage/recycling/compost cans out on the curb, and mowing the lawn. Mike is welcome to keep doing those things when he feels better, though. :)

I am also washing dishes pretty much nonstop. The dishwasher isn't working right now. It took me 2 days to do the current dishes, keep up with dishes that were being used, AND wash all the dishes that were in the dishwasher that wouldn't run. This was Thursday when I discovered this, so I called the Appliance Hospital (pretty cool name, I think) and they told me they couldn't come until Wednesday. When I said I had houseguests, they said they could come on Tuesday instead, no earlier, but would call me if they had a cancellation. So that makes...about 3 more days of hand-washing dishes. With houseguests. And a birthday party on Monday. Nice.

1 comment:

El Donaldo said...

You CAN hide, you know. Behind the couch. No one will notice. I promise. At some point one of the houseguests will decide the dishes need to be spotless and the garbage out. And then olly olly oxen free!