Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Yes, this is my idea of fun

This past week I've had some unexpected free time without Jake. I thought that I was going to be traveling for work, but that got canceled, and so now I am waiting to hear when I will really start traveling. Anyway, when I still thought I was going to be traveling, I went ahead and arranged for Jake's new nanny to take care of Jake on Tuesday from 9-4 and on Wednesday from 9-1 (with Gramma taking care of him the rest of the times).

Even though the travel was canceled, I decided to keep Jake's time with his nanny, Kayla, to get some practice in and see how he would do with me not far away. (He did great. He LOVES Kayla and they have so much fun together.)

So what does one do with 11 hours without a toddler??

Tuesday I shopped all day. Was so nice to be able to go clothes shopping with my mom and without Jake in tow. We went to 2 different places and found new work clothes for me. These were sorely needed as my pre-pregnancy work clothes are all at least 3 years old. After shopping for clothes, I then shopped for food to fill our empty kitchen cabinets and refrigerator.

Wednesday I went and had a cup of tea with my best friend, whom I haven't seen in a few months! Then I came home and did something I am THRILLED about -- I cleaned my refrigerator.

It looks so beautiful and I had to document the moment. Of course, I hadn't put everything back at this point but still, wow! Gave myself a pat on the back :)

No comments: