Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers!!

I had such a wonderful day. Mike got up with Jake when he woke up at 7:30, and I stayed asleep until 8:45. That was so nice, except Kami, my cat, jumped over my head three times in a row really fast while I was sleeping. Darn cat! Then I went for a run while Mike and Jake took a walk. After that I had a quick breakfast and we went to the farmer's market and met my parents there.

Mike, Lee, and Papa off to the side. Jake loved riding in the wagon!
Jake and me with my Mom.
We went to my parent's house for a Mother's Day dinner. My Mom and I cooked together and really enjoyed ourselves. We made salad, asparagus, pasta, and a strawberry-rhubarb crisp. We had a variety of cheeses for an appetizer and I had made a bread to go with dinner. Yum.

Jake is so funny -- this kid LOVES asparagus! My mom started a game with him a few weeks ago where you say "1, 2, 3" and BITE into the asparagus. Jake loves the game so much that he says "un, ou, tee!" and bites into the asparagus with relish! He eats SO much asparagus. He even ate it off of all of our plates once it was gone from his. Papa had the last piece of asparagus left, and Jake totally stole it off his plate. So funny.
Jake went outside and played with this Tonka truck for the first time. It used to be mine so it is more than 30 years old! But it is an awesome truck and Jake was thrilled with it!
He spent a long time putting rocks in the truck, dumping them out, lather, rinse, repeat.
A boy, his truck, and some rocks.
Papa watching him play...

I can't believe I forgot to take pictures of my beautiful mother and myself! Sigh. It was a wonderful day, though.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Happy belated Mother's Day to you and the beautiful, fabulous Jeanie!